The National Autism Association is providing a safety tool kit for families of people with Autism. The Big, Red Safety Box is designed to reduce wandering-related injuries and deaths in the Autism community. The Big, Red Safety Boxes include:
- Educational materials and tools:
- -caregiver checklist
- Family Wandering Emergency Plan
- first-responder profile form
- wandering-prevention brochure
- sample IEP Letter
- two door/window alarms with batteries
- one personalized, engraved shoe ID tag
- five laminated adhesive stop sign visual prompts for doors and windows
- two safety alert window clings for car or home windows
- one red safety alert wristband
The Safety Boxes are free, but you can make a donation to the National Autism Association to help cover shipping and handling costs. For more information and to apply for a Safety Box, visit the National Autism Association’s website here.
The free Safety Boxes will go fast! If you miss them, safety tools are also available at the Big, Red Safety Shop here.