When it comes to writing, many students are rather uninspired. The developers behind the Write About This app acknowledge this fact and have thus designed an app to spark one’s creativity to encourage writing for students ages 8 and up!
More features of the Write About This app:
- Ideal for use in classrooms or at home
- Developed by a teacher
- Customizable for each student
- Easy digital publishing and sharing:
- Share PDF via email or save to device’s Camera Roll.
- Authors can also create a voice recording with their work to create a personalized movie on the Camera Roll.
- The voice recording feature is ideal for struggling writers to get their ideas out verbally as a pre-writing strategy.
- Prompts include:
- Fiction and non-fiction narratives
- Compare/contrast exercises
- Students can take pictures of an event, for example, and use that image as their writing prompt!
- Aligns with Common Core standards
There is a free version available to try the app out before purchasing it, but it has limited features. The full version of Write About This offers the following, while the free version’s features are followed in parentheses.
- 125 images (1 per category)
- 375 writing prompts (3 per category)
- Write Abouts: unlimited (1)
- Create Your Own: unlimited (1)
- Author Profiles: unlimited (1)
- Export to Camera Roll: unlimited
- Voice Recording: unlimited
- Searchable database: 1200+ keywords (none)