March is fast approaching. There is a lot to look forward to: warmer weather (fingers crossed), St. Patrick’s Day parades and parties, and the March Madness NCAA basketball tournament. But there is one more reason to be excited for the third month of the year. March is Disability Awareness Month!
Each March, the Indiana Governor’s Council for People with Disabilities sponsors Disability Awareness Month to promote the full inclusion of people with disabilities in all aspects of our communities. The Council wants you to get involved! You can bring Disability Awareness Month to your community by ordering free campaign materials and conducting a disability awareness event or activity in your school, church, workplace or other group, or for the whole community!
Your campaign materials kit will include:
- A CD with information packets and theme-specific campaign materials (You may also visit IndianaDisabilityAwareness.org and click on “Campaign Materials” to view and download all 20 information packets.)
- 100 stickers and 100 bookmarks
- 2 posters
- Awareness Activities booklet
- 25 Power of Words brochures
- Coordinator and participant evaluation forms
The INDATA Project at Easter Seals Crossroads is dedicated to helping individuals with disabilities and we encourage and try to facilitate the spread of awareness and advocacy throughout the community. We hope that you are able to help your community get involved in Disability Awareness Month 2011!
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Chad Crowe at email@example.com or (317) 232-7775 (voice).
For more information and to order your kit visit the Indiana Disability Awareness website!