Visual scheduling and checklist apps have proven to be effective resources for individuals with autism, cognitive disabilities, and more. The Reminder, Alarm and Voice Reminders, Remind Me App is a powerful, all-in-one app available for free* on the App Store.
Because this Reminder app features a simple, user-friendly interface, it’s an ideal tool for individuals of all abilities. The reminders are fully configurable, and can feature user’s favorite songs or even voice recordings! The app allows users to set up multiple types of reminders such as:
- Pre-alarms: an alarm prior to the actual due date
- Auto-snooze: allows the alarm to repeat at regular intervals (e.g. 1 minute, 10 minutes, 30 minutes, etc.) until you take action
- Snooze: you can snooze a reminder or mark it as done directly from the lock screen or notification banner
- Reschedule: shows a new time and date in the future
- Custom messages, sounds, and images: adding custom images, sounds, and messages make it easier to identify the necessary task
- And more!
Features of the Remind Me App:
- Full VoiceOver accessibility support
- No internet connection required
- App doesn’t need to be open to receive notifications
- One tap turns individual reminders on or off
- Option to pause all reminders when you don’t want to be disturbed
- Backup and restore reminders on same device or multiple devices
- More than 80 built-in images
- 30 built-in alarm sounds
- Universal App, full native support for iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch
- *Free to download, but free version allows users to only set 3 reminders.
- Paid version allows unlimited reminders and is available for $1.99 as an in-app purchase.