Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Hey there! Welcome to Accessibility Minute, your weekly look at Assistive Technology, those clever tools and devices designed to help people who have difficulties with vision, mobility, hearing or other special needs!
Cans with ring pulls on them are referred to as “Easy open” cans, but to individuals with arthritis, poor dexterity, and more – these cans are anything but easy to open. This is where the J-Popper comes in handy!
The J-Popper is a can opener that easily opens any can with a ring-pull mechanism. While using this device, the lid is removed safely and easily with a gentle pull of the handle, and without splashing the can’s contents.
Features of the J-popper include:
- No more broken nails or sore fingers from opening cans
- Ideal for individuals with arthritis, weakness, dexterity issues, and more
- Compact and handy for your kitchen, garage, boat, and camper
- Made from high-density ABS plastic
- Available in white, red, yellow or blue
- Dishwasher safe
- And more.
For more information, to read our blog, or to drop us a line, visit EasterSealsTech.com
. That was your Accessibility Minute for this week! I’m Laura Medcalf with the INDATA Project at Easterseals Crossroads, in Indiana.