Did you know GE offers an assortment of ADA-compliant appliances, from dishwashers to warming drawers? The company’s newest addition is arguably one of their most accessible appliances yet: the GE Smart Microwave Oven with Alexa.
Yes, you heard that right: there is a countertop microwave now available with Alexa voice control! I’ve written about Amazon Echo and Alexa devices for years now and the technology is just as relevant today – if not more so – than it was a few years back.
Let’s get back to talking about the GE Smart Microwave Oven. It is easy to connect the microwave to your smart device. Here’s what you’ll need to get started:
- You’ll need to know your home WiFi password
- Download the GE Appliances Kitchen App to your smart device (available on both iOS or Android)
- Simply follow the app’s on-screen instructions to connect your GE Appliances microwave
The microwave also features Scan-to-Cook technology which takes the guesswork out of preparing microwave foods. All you have to do is simply scan the barcode on the food’s package and the microwave will program the settings accordingly.
U+ Connect Smart Home Skill with Alexa
The Alexa skill built into the microwave is called U+ Connect. It allows hands-free control of your microwave. When using voice control, you can simply ask Alexa to…
- start the microwave
- microwave on high for 2 minutes
- stop the microwave
- pause the microwave
- add 30 more seconds
- microwave coffee/popcorn/potato/soup etc.
- and more
Other features of the GE Smart Microwave Oven include:
- 0.9 cu. ft. capacity
- 900 Watts (IEC-705 test procedure)
- Auto and time defrost
- Defrosting times and power levels are programmed automatically or manually for optimal results
- Control lockout feature helps prevent accidental activation
- Minute timer helps keep you on track
- Easily connects to WiFi for real time feedback, optimized performance, alerts, and more
Click here to learn more!