Hard to believe it’s already June! That means Father’s Day is coming up very soon (June 16th to be exact). If you are looking for low vision gift ideas for the father figure in your life, check out the following list.
4 Low Vision Gift Ideas for Father’s Day:
The Big Larry LED Flashlight knows how to light up a room! It’s perfect for simple, everyday tasks and is built to “handle the most demanding tasks.” Big Larry is impact and water resistant. It also features a powerful magnetic base so you can attach it to metal surfaces or use it to pick up small metal items.
- Equipped with new COB LED technology, the Big Larry outputs 400 lumens of intense light
- It also features secondary light modes which include Low (160 lumens) and the Emergency Red Flash Mode
- The “anodized aluminum body and recessed LED housing ensure that the Big Larry can handle any situation.”
- Powerful magnetic base
- Available in either silver or black (chosen randomly by Amazon)
The Magnetic Tactile Watch provides a tactile, non-Braille method for time-telling for individuals with low vision. Several watches available for individuals with visual impairments can be loud and distracting for others.
- Two ball bearings mark the time:
- The outer ball indicates the hour
- The inner ball marks the minutes
- Swiss magnetic battery has a 5-year lifespan
- It is set like a standard analog face watch; the time is easily set by pulling out the crown and turning the hands in a clockwise direction
- Available in two different styles:
- Black metal face with steel mesh band
- Dark gray metal face with a brown leather band
One of my all-time favorite games is Rummikub. I love how it’s easy to learn and fast moving. If you’re unfamiliar with the game, players try to be the first to play all of the tiles in their rack by placing them in runs and groups, rummy style. This classic game is available in a Large Number Edition, making it fun and accessible for individuals with or without low vision!
- Comes with extra large, bright numbers on “high-quality” tiles
- Easy to learn and fast-paced
- Fun for children and adults alike! (Ages 8+)
- Encourages/develops STEM and STEAM skills like sequencing, pattern recognition, planning, etc.
- Each player can stack their tiles on the stand (included), so no worrying about holding a handful of tiles
- For 2-4 players
Looking for an affordable, easy-to-use, large button remote? Check out the Flipper Remote! By combining TV and cable/satellite controls into one device, it helps individuals take control of their viewing experience.
- Flipper is easy to set up and easy to use
- Comes preset to Motorola cable boxes, but works with all major TVs and cable or satellite boxes
- Uses 2 AAA batteries (not included)
- Sliding door hides set-up buttons
- Once it’s set up, it has 3 functions: on/off, change channel, and volume control