It seems that more and more stores are offering various delivery services every day. What many people don’t realize is how much of a game changer this is for individuals with special needs! CVS Pharmacy began offering a next-day home delivery service last year. Now the pharmacy giant offers same-day prescription delivery!
CVS will partner with Shipt, a Target company, to deliver prescriptions the same day they are filled. CVS details how you can get your prescriptions delivered:
- Start by filling your eligible prescription. Click the link in your text message or app notification when your order is ready.
- Select the delivery option that works best for you, then add any other eligible items to your order!
CVS says the service will be available at over 6,000 of their 10,000 locations nationwide.
Overview of the CVS Same-Day Prescription Delivery:
- The same-day delivery includes a service charge of $7.99
- Not all prescriptions are eligible for delivery (e.g. controlled substances and prescriptions that require refrigeration)
- Customers can choose to have their prescriptions delivered the same day via text, choosing the On-Demand service through the CVS Pharmacy app, or by visiting or calling their local pharmacy!
- Delivery is not available for certain insurance and prescription benefit plans, including Medicare Part B.
- Customers will receive their delivery within 4 hours