The Parent Advocacy app was developed for the guardians of children who are deaf or hard of hearing. It helps them better understand their child’s rights while helping them prepare to work with the school in the best interest of their child.
Parents can use the app wherever they are — while attending school meetings, or while at home. It features interactive checklists to help determine what’s been done and what needs to be done. While using this app, parents can write notes, access a list of available resources, and connect with collaborating organizations to increase their advocacy efforts.
Other features of the Parent Advocacy app include:
- Comes with introductory information videos and inspirations to help get you started
- Provides information about IEP (what it means and how you can participate in the meeting
- Understand if your child might be eligible for a 504 plan or IEP. What advocacy principles can you use?
- Interactive checklists and notes; these help you navigate the process of advocating for your child
- As you progress through the app, you can keep track of your progress
- You can then add a series of notes to remind yourself of important points
- A list of common questions that families tend to ask for each type of meeting
- And more
Click here to learn more!