The Braille Bookstore offers several products for individuals with visual impairments. They have timekeeping products, greeting cards, and more for individuals who are blind or visually impaired. They also offer a typing program called Talking Typing Teacher.
Talking Typing Teacher is a “revolutionary new typing program that’s ideal for the blind and visually impaired.” The program is ideal for students of all ages with visual impairments. It features digitized human speech throughout the whole program, which makes it fun and simple to learn how to type.
Overview of the Talking Typing Teacher:
- Complete interaction with both sound and full-color animations
- Lessons consist of spoken and illustrated instructions, practice drills, and reminders
- “Perfect software solution for anyone who wishes to learn how to type”
- Built-in human speech (in the form of Marvel Talk)
- Users can:
- Pick from dozens of fonts
- Change text size
- Decide how heavy print should be
- Select ideal color contrast from 30 background and text colors
- Detailed lesson curriculum with three levels of instruction
- Optional tunes and sound effects
- Ability to create an unlimited number of customized lessons
- Full support for multi-student use
- And much more!
- To run the program, you’ll need:
- PC running Windows 10, Windows 7 (32/64bit), Vista, XP, ME, 2000, 98, 95, or NT
- 16 MB of RAM
- A 16-bit sound card and speakers (and/or headphones)
- CD-ROM drive
Check out Talking Typing Teacher on the Braille Bookstore’s website to learn more!