Is your child (or student) starting to learn how to write? Apps are a fun, interactive way to practice tracing and writing letters and numbers. The ABC Star app is a simple, yet exciting app that teaches children how to write letters from the English alphabet.
Matt Habel is a software engineer and developer of the app. Children will learn how to write letters by tracing them with their finger or stylus. The app features an adorable pet that gradually hatches from his egg and grows as it learns along with the user.
Overview of the ABC Star app:
- Easy-to-use letter tracing with “helpful guides for writing each letterform”
- Teaches children how to trace uppercase and lowercase letters as well as numbers 0-9
- Friendly interactive pet hatches and grows as your child progresses through the alphabet
- Voiceover pronounces each letter and number
- A “great typeface for handwriting education”
- Children can complete the entire alphabet in order or skip to any letter they want or need to practice
- Ideal for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergarteners (as well as students with special needs)
- Children also practice their fine and gross motor skills as they trace each letter or number
- Displays the solid and dotted penmanship lines to mimic the traditional handwriting paper that students use in the classroom
- No ads or in-app purchases
Check it out on the App Store to learn more!