Hey there! Welcome to Accessibility Minute, your weekly look at Assistive Technology, those clever tools and devices designed to help people who have difficulties with vision, mobility, hearing or other special needs!
Fat Brain Toys offers a wide selection of toys and products for children with special needs. One of their available products is their Walking Wheels. In sum, Walking Wheels is a set of platforms that turn walking into rolling.
With the Walking Wheels, each step makes the wheels roll half a rotation forward. The movement may feel clunky at first as children try to find a balance between momentum, gravity, and force. “But then before long – WHOOOSH!” They’ll start rolling along seamlessly.
Features of Walking Wheels include:
- The product’s design features sturdy handles on both sides for extra stability and security
- Encourages gross motor skills, balance, coordination, concentration, active play
- Rubber wheels roll smoothly
- Great for both indoor or outdoor play
- Handlebars feature soft foam comfort for added grip and comfort
- For children ages 3 and up
- Weight limit of 125 pounds
Visit FatBrainToys.com to learn more about the Walking Wheels!
For more information, to read our blog, or to drop us a line, visit EasterSealsTech.com. That was your Accessibility Minute for this week! I’m Laura Medcalf with the INDATA Project at Easterseals Crossroads, in Indiana.