Over the years, many smartphone scanner applications have been developed to help individuals with or without visual impairments with varying productivity needs. If you’re in the market for an accessible scanner app, check out Supersense! According to its website, Supersense is the “smartest and simplest scanner application” available for individuals with visual impairments.
Supersense utilizes a unique artificial intelligence technology and a “super user-friendly interface” to make it as accessible as possible for users with visual impairments.
Here’s more from the App Store’s description:
“With the power of AI, Supersense automatically figures out what you are trying to scan, guides you on how to point the camera, and reads the content in the right format. Its unique design minimizes the time and frustrations of scanning and reading text for a blind and visually impaired user.”
Overview of Supersense:
- AI app for individuals with visual impairments to help them scan text, money, objects, etc.
- Smart Scanner: the app automatically detects whether the user’s trying to quickly read a piece of text, a document, a currency, or a barcode
- Smart Guidance: app guides users on how to point the camera and finds the best angle to have the most accurate results
- Quick Read feature allows users to instantly read text that’s in the front of the rear camera
- Document feature allows users to read longer documents with the assistance of Smart Guidance;
- Once the text is recognized, use VoiceOver commands to navigate through the text and share it with other apps
- Multipage Scanning feature scans documents with multiple pages simultaneously and navigates through the text
- Barcode feature scans barcodes to hear the name and brand of the product(s) with additional information
- The currency feature recognizes different forms of currencies and reads the value aloud
- Object Explorer and Find feature scans the user’s physical environment and tells them about the objects around them
- Users can also read and explore text from images and PDF files they import