Arcademics is a website featuring several multiplayer educational games. These online educational video games offer a “powerful approach” to learning basic math, language arts, vocabulary, and thinking skills.
Here’s the developer’s mission:
“Our goal is to make aspects of classroom instruction as effective in creating persistence and involvement as observed in video game players. Our games are a result of blending video game features into instructional research in order to achieve a high rate of student learning through increased time-on-task and engagement…”
Their approach is based on these principles:
- Repetitious drills can be fun
- Students respond to challenges: errors can be viewed as opportunities to improve rather than as indications of failure
- Immediate corrective feedback facilitates improvement in performance; teachers and students can quickly see mistakes and how to correct them
Overview of Arcademics:
- Free multiplayer educational games for K-8 students
- Games are built with the latest HTML5 technology, making them playable on any device using the web browser
- They are also available as apps on both the App Store and Google Play
- Students can play the games for free, but with a paid subscription you can:
- Customize game content to fit your lesson plans, and assign different content to different students
- Monitor student progress and zoom in on problem areas with performance reports
- Students can watch video lessons on the most-missed problems
Click here to learn more!