Clinical Assistive Technology
(Fee for services)
What is assistive technology? Where do I start? Can technology make a difference in my independence? What about assistive technology on the job, at home, or in school? Who can help?
“The term ‘assistive technology device’ means any item, piece of equipment or product system, whether acquired commercially off the shelf, modified or customized, that is used to increase, maintain or improve the functional capabilities of individuals with disabilities.” – Assistive Technology Act of 1998
As Indiana’s premier provider of assistive technology information and services, Easterseals Crossroads has assisted thousands of people to increase their independence through the use of assistive/adaptive technology.
- Computer/Technology access evaluation and consultation
- Workplace accommodation evaluation and consultation
- Educational assistive technology evaluation and consultation
- Ergonomic evaluation and consultation
- Training (in-person or online) in the use of assistive technologies
- 24-hour technical support
The Assistive Technology Center at Easterseals Crossroads provides services to the entire state of Indiana. Our mobile professionals are able to bring appropriate technologies directly to you at home, school, work, or community.
- Referral to Evaluation: Once a referral form and funding have been secured, evaluations are typically performed within two weeks. We do, however, prioritize referrals based on the need, with job accommodations taking the highest priority.
- Evaluation to Report: After an evaluation has been completed, the subsequent report — including a detailed list of our findings and equipment recommendations — is typically sent to the funding source within two weeks. Based upon the priority of the case given by the funding source, the turnaround time may be reduced.
What to Consider When Choosing an Assistive Technology Provider
- Experience: We are the most experienced assistive technology program in Indiana. We have been providing assistive technology services since 1979, and our team has more than 70 years of combined experience in the field.
- Qualified: The professional credentials among staff members include:
Our team also teaches assistive technology courses at several universities and presents at many local and national assistive technology conferences. We put emphasis on staying up to date with the latest innovations and trends in assistive technology by working directly with assistive technology manufacturers and participating in many local and national assistive technology conferences each year.
- Accredited: We were Indiana’s first CARF-accredited assistive technology program and maintain the highest level of accreditation to this day.
- Nonprofit: As a nonprofit organization, the assistive technology team at Easterseals Crossroads is motivated by outcomes and takes pride in working with individuals to gain further independence and accomplish their goals.
- Comprehensive: Since our staff has specialized areas of expertise, we provide high-quality services to individuals with all types of disabilities (e.g., Blind, Low Vision, Deaf, Hard of Hearing, Intellectual, Physical, and Developmental). We provide our expertise in the form of evaluation, installation, training, and support for all major assistive technology hardware/software available today.
- Support: We offer the industry’s only toll-free 24-hour technical support line.
If you are entering the workforce, going to college, or starting your own business, assistive technology evaluations and training may be the missing piece to your success. Let our highly-skilled and trained team address your technology barriers and get you on the road to greater independence.
Meet two of our clients who share their stories and personal experience working with our team.
Make a Referral
Do you know someone who might benefit from an assistive technology evaluation, consultation, or training? If so, you can download our referral form here.
Once the referral is complete, it can be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 317-466-2000 – Attention: Megan Henderson .
Have questions or need more information about assistive technology and our ability to assist you with your needs? Contact us at 888-466-1314 or firstname.lastname@example.org.