We understand your assistive technology (AT) needs may have changed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The INDATA Project at Easterseals Crossroads is working to be as responsive to those needs as possible and will continue to provide device loans and reuse equipment to Hoosiers in need.
As we serve you, we will continue to follow our standard sanitization procedures and implement some additional precautions to ensure the health and safety of consumers and staff while the COVID-19 situation persists.
Lending Library Procedures:
- All devices will be properly cleaned and sanitized before being shipped to consumers.
- All items will be shipped with 2 alcohol prep pads so borrower can sanitize the device(s) before returning.
- Devices will be loaned for 30 days (typical loan period).
- As devices are returned to library they will be quarantined for 5 days (https://wb.md/2JVS28B) before being unpacked, cleaned, sanitized and returned to the full library.
Depot (Reuse) Procedures:
- All computers and equipment will be properly cleaned and sanitized according to our standard sanitization procedures before being distributed to consumers.
- Distribution of computers and equipment will be done either by drop off or drive-in method to maintain proper social distancing.
- Volunteers and intern services will remain suspended until the governor’s stay-at-home order is lifted.
INDATA Sanitization Procedures:
- Person cleaning devices must wash hands thoroughly for (min. 20 seconds) before cleaning devices
- Appropriate PPE (ex. gloves, face mask, etc.) must be worn by person cleaning devices
- Clorox wipes (or other brand with similar properties) are used to clean surfaces of larger devices
- Alcohol prep pads are used to clean smaller devices and for stubborn dirt.
- Person cleaning devices must wash hands thoroughly for (min. 20 seconds) after cleaning devices.
- UV wands are used to sanitize softer surfaces (arriving April 28).
INDATA Device Demonstrations:
Device demos are being provided virtually using Zoom to ensure the health and safety of consumers and staff while the COVID-19 situation persists. Once stay-at-home orders are lifted the following procedures will be followed for all in-person services.