For individuals with mobility impairments (and more), answering a telephone may prove to be rather challenging. A possible solution for these individuals is the remote control speakerphone, RCx-1000, from Harris Communications.
The RCx-1000 is a remote control speakerphone that was specifically designed for individuals with low mobility. The RCx-1000 allows users to answer calls with voice commands–making the process of answering the phone hands-free!
In addition to operating by voice commands, the speakerphone can also be operated with the included wireless remote. Making a call is simple and can be done through the remote! By pressing the button on the remote, the phone will run through the 32 pre-programmed numbers. Once the desired number is highlighted, simply press the pendant again. There is also a standard numeric keypad on the RCx-1000 so users may dial any number manually.
Features of RCx-1000:
- Voice activated answering for incoming calls
- Large 3 inch speaker for high quality sound, volume and clarity
- 90dB+ loud ringer
- 32-one touch memory buttons for easy dialing of frequently dialed numbers
- Missed call indicator
- Flash hook switch
- 3.5 mm multimedia jack for headphones
- 3.5 mm multimedia jack for microphone
- Battery back-up (6 NiMH rechargeable AA batteries included)
- Wireless remote with AC adapter power and battery backup (Includes one 12V battery).
- Also comes with wall mount bracket and a lanyard for wireless remote.
To learn more about the RCx-1000 and other products available from Harris Communications, click here.
You may also view the User Manual PDF found here.