Optelec has recently released its newest video magnifier called the ClearView C. The company’s mission is simple: “Improving the quality of life for the visually impaired and blind by reaching out with simple and effective solutions.” The mission shines through with the new ClearView C, which is a unique C-shaped desktop video magnifier. The product is designed to enable the users to read their newspapers, enjoy craftwork or write without being restricted in movement.
ClearView C’s unique features:
- The creators behind the device performed extensive research to create a unique, modern video magnifier that fits in to the user’s home decor.
- The C-shaped design provides the user with more working space. This helps individuals to do their favorite pastimes and read their favorite texts without being limited in movements.
- The ClearView C offers both simple and advanced options. By reversing the remote Control Pad, the user can enjoy powerful advanced functions such as reading lines, adjust contrast and more.
- The unique design also allows the user to read from the top of the page all the way down to the bottom. (With other video magnifiers users often pull the reading table into their stomachs when navigating to top of document.)
- Continuous magnification: 4.5X-75X (optional: up to 170X)
- Adjustable document viewing modes
- Full color photo mode
- 16 selectable high contrast color combinations to improve contrast for better visibility
- From 1 to 4 selectable color combination presets
- Adjustable brightness and contrast
- Focus lock
- Position locator
- Reading lines
- Adjustable setup:
- Standard (compact) setup recommended for daily use
- Comfort set up, ideal for browsing large documents (i.e. newspapers) and doing hobbies
- Integrated lighting for even illumination and elimination of reflections with glossy documents
- Easy-glide reading table with X and Y direction adjustable friction and X and Y brake.
- PC connection to switch between ClearView C and PC image.
- 42 x 51 cm / 16.5 in x 20.1 in
- Weight: 36.2 pounds
Visit the Optelec website for more information.
Also, be sure to check out next Monday’s tech tip on this unique video magnifier!