Communication plays an essential part in our everyday lives. May it be verbal, through body language or even a communication device–it’s how we all interconnect. sComm acknowledges the importance of communication and has worked for several years to create technologies to help those who may otherwise be unable to communicate. A few years ago, sComm released the original UbiDuo, but they recently released a sleeker, newer, wireless model.
According to sComm, “This sleek new model is the world’s foremost communication solution for people who are deaf, hard of hearing or hearing.” It is half the size of the original UbiDuo, making it lightweight and portable, and it has an 8-hour battery life to get users through their day. The newer model also features a color touchscreen comparable to that of a tablet. It also includes patented hinge technology that holds the two halves securely in place for easy transportation.
UbiDuo Wireless Features:
Includes the following:
- UbiDuo Communication Device (two halves)
- USB interface cable/power cable
- One year of free firmware upgrades
- Standard wireless network connection (2.4GHz Zigbee wireless transceiver)
- 128MB total storage
- 7-inch color touchscreen
- 8-hour lithium-polymer battery pack
- 4-pound total weight (2 pounds per half)
- Micro USB port for charging
- HDMI port for connecting a projector or TV
- Patented hinge technology
- Customizable fonts
- Customizable text and background colors
To learn more about this face-to-face communicator, click here.