Okay so, I acknowledge this week I have been a wee bit obsessed with apps developed by Seven Academy, but they have the potential to benefit so many people from early learners to those with developmental delays and more! This continues to be true with their time-telling app: Tic Toc Time.
In Tic Toc Time, children will learn how to read face clocks through a series of elements they’re already familiar with: sun, shadow, night and day. It features colorful, fun graphics which will benefit children who have trouble with the order of numbers, or those who have difficulty understanding the concept of numbers.
A review of Tic Toc Time by The iMums:
With superb graphics, cute beaver characters, unique games, motivating rewards and easy to understand lessons, it is the perfect app to supplement your child’s lessons on time-telling.
Features of Tic Toc Time:
- Uses concepts children are already familiar with: sun, shadow, night and day.
- Cute beavers teach children how to tell time through a series of interactive explorations about the sun, shadows, and clocks.
- Explains not only how to tell time, but the science behind it.
- When using the app, children learn how to use a compass, following the sun and shadows, Earth’s rotation and reading a clock.
- In the games featuring the compass, children will need to stand up and turn to align their device with the appropriate cardinal direction.
- After learning about cardinal directions, they’ll learn about the sun’s position in the sky and how to use shadows to estimate the time.
- As a reward for completing tasks, children earn items for their virtual garden.
- Meets academic standards
- Meets Common Core State Standards for mathematics, including standards for telling time in grades 1, 2, and 3.
- Ability to manage settings:
- Change text, audio, sounds, AM/PM or 24- hour mode.
To learn more, click here.