Does your child have a hard time following directions? If you answered yes, then Teach Speech Apps offers a solution with their namely titled Following Directions app! Following Directions is a fun, interactive app that helps individuals learn how to follow instructions through a series of engaging activities.
Before diving into further details on the app, let’s briefly discuss its developer, Teach Speech Apps. When developing their apps, they work with a team of speech-language pathologists to provide quality apps for speech and language. According to their website, all Teach Speech Apps encourage learning alongside an engaged adult and also:
- Feature colorful and professional photos: designed with all ages and learning levels in mind.
- Are affordable, quality apps: $2.99 or less
- Enrich vocabulary
- Feature distraction-free interface: clean, sleek design promotes focus on activities
- Utilize multi-sensory learning: see and hear when an answer is selected
- Align with Common Core Standards
- No ads or in-app purchases
Overview of the Following Directions app:
The app helps develop the skills needed to help boost memory, motor, and auditory processing skills with four different activities:
- One step directions: drag and drop
- Example: “Put the blue square on the pinwheel.”
- Two step directions: choose from 4 pictures
- Example: “First touch the watch and then the car.”
- Inclusion/Exclusion: choose from 6 pictures
- Example: “Touch all green items except the apples.”
- Motor-skill based and conditional directions
- Example: “Clap your hands.”
To learn more about Following Directions or other apps developed by Teach Speech Apps, be sure to check out their website.