We’re continuing our focus on assistive technology and tools to help increase your attention and concentration. This time we are shifting to apps available on iOS and Android devices. With social media and texting so ubiquitous, it can be hard to get away from distraction when the world is at your fingertips. However, you can use your phone to your advantage with apps readily available to help you block out distractions and keep a clear head.
Several developments have been made to customize apps for individuals with learning or other focus retention disabilities. For the ADHD brain, focus is like a muscle that needs routine exercise to grow stronger, and these exercises are right in your pocket. By spending just a few minutes every day using the apps below or ones like them, you can improve your memory, concentration and organizational skills.
Here are three of the best concentration apps to help you focus on the task at hand.
- Step-by-step voice-guided mediation
- Calming nature and music sounds
- Option for meditation lengths at different intervals
- Links to support on the Meditation Oasis website
- User-friendly interface design
- Time-management features to make you more productive
- Alternates working sessions with small breaks
- Elegant interface design; takes only simple taps to work
- Customizable settings you can set to fit your style
- Each Pomodoro cycle is tracked, so you can see your progress among a bunch of useful charts within the app
- A self-motivated and interesting way to help you beat phone addiction
- Track your daily phone usage and screen time
- Function based on the Pomodoro technique (a.k.a. tomato timer, pomodoro timer)
- Stay focused and get more things done while growing your tree
- Share your forest, and compete with friends and users around the world
- Customize your whitelist: Leaving Forest and using apps in whitelist won’t kill your tree
- Plant real trees on Earth, and protect the environment with tree-planting organization Trees for the Future.
Stay tuned for next week’s blog highlighting the best brain games for focus and attention.