298-10-5-18 WayAround App
Hey there! Welcome to Accessibility Minute, your weekly look at Assistive Technology, those clever tools and devices designed to help people who have difficulties with vision, mobility, hearing or other special needs!
There are so many apps available to help individuals with visual impairments. If you’re looking for a new app, check out WayAround. According to the app’s description, “WayAround is a smart assistant that gives on-demand details about everyday things for anyone with blindness or vision loss.” It uses a simple tag-and-scan approach to help you easily identify what’s around you.
WayAround uses Near Field Communication or NFC technology to give you information when you need it.
Other features of the app include:
- Easy to use tag-and-scan system
- Ability to add descriptions of items plus details
- Pre-populated lists to add common information
- Compatible with voice dictation
- Automatic cloud backup via user accounts
- Highly accessible interface
- Available on both iOS and Android devices
Visit Wayaround.com to learn more.
For more information, to read our blog, or to drop us a line, visit EasterSealsTech.com. That was your Accessibility Minute for this week! I’m Laura Medcalf with the INDATA Project at Easterseals Crossroads, in Indiana.