Yesterday I wrote about Feed the Woozle, a cooperative game from Peaceable Kingdom. Stone Soup is yet another example of a cooperative game from Peaceable Kingdom. A cooperative game is where “everyone plays together, no one is left out, and everybody has fun!”
While playing this game, players work together to cook a soup by matching ingredients. “Instead of players finding and making matches to see who can make the most matches, players play together to ‘cook’ a Stone Soup.” The object of the game is to match all the Soup Cards before the cooking fire is extinguished by the Fire Out Cards.
Features of Stone Soup:
- A cooperative game – meaning that all players work together for one outcome and everyone wins or loses together.
- Cooperative games eliminate stress, build self-esteem, and teach children that playing together can be fun!
- For ages 5 and up
- 2-6 players
- Takes about 15 minutes to play
- 1 Game Board
- 10 Fire Out Cards
- 1 Magic Stone Card
- 24 Soup Ingredients Card
- Children will learn and practice memory skills, social development, helping others, and cooperation.
- This Peaceable Kingdom game is 100% green: it’s printed with soy-based inks on FSC paper and includes recycled plastics
Click here to learn more!