Hey there! Welcome to Accessibility Minute, your weekly look at Assistive Technology, those clever tools and devices designed to help people who have difficulties with vision, mobility, hearing or other special needs!
Acupressure has been a traditional Chinese medicine for more than 2000 years. It is essentially “a method of sending a signal to the body (by needle or other means) to turn on its own self-healing or regulatory mechanisms.” Acupressure Bracelets is a company that takes the method of acupressure and transforms it into products that help naturally relieve nausea, anxiety, and more.
One of their available products is the Acupressure Lavender Wristband. According to the website’s description, the Lavender Wristband “naturally relieves anxiety, insomnia, stress, panic attacks, hyperactivity, and headaches.” It utilizes the functional acupressure points found on the wrist to effectively decrease or relieve these symptoms.
Other features include:
- It’s made of certified medical banding material which is made in the USA
- Essential therapeutic oil is infused into the top portion of bracelet; the scent will last up to two weeks
- The effectiveness of bracelet is dependent on proper placement of the acupressure bead
- The wristband is available in various sizes
- Please note the product is NOT a medical device and may not work for all people
Check out AcupressureBracelets.com to learn more!
For more information, to read our blog, or to drop us a line, visit EasterSealsTech.com. That was your Accessibility Minute for this week! I’m Laura Medcalf with the INDATA Project at Easterseals Crossroads, in Indiana.