Hey there! Welcome to Accessibility Minute, your weekly look at Assistive Technology, those clever tools and devices designed to help people who have difficulties with vision, mobility, hearing or other special needs!
Looking for a fun, interactive speech therapy app for children. The Speech Blubs app comes with over 1500 exercises and activities to help trigger sound and word production. It is ideal for individuals with a speech delay, autism, Down syndrome, ADHD, and more.
“Speech Blubs uses video modeling to create an immersive learning environment, allowing children to observe their peers on video as they learn. When children watch their peers in real time, their MIRROR NEURONS fire up and this is scientifically proven to be highly effective in speech development.
Here’s how it works:
- Your child watches peer models and is then motivated to mimic them
- Augmented reality masks magically turn them into exactly what they are practicing
- After completing exercises, your child gets a bonus video story, “designed to trigger conversations between the two of you”
Other features include:
- Over 1500 exercises, activities, funny hats, videos, mini-games and more
- 25 fun sections (e.g. When I Grow Up, Animal Kingdom, Guess the Sound, etc.)
- Collect stickers and fill your sticker book as your child progresses
- Free 7-day trial
Visit speechblubs.com to learn more!
For more information, to read our blog, or to drop us a line, visit EasterSealsTech.com. That was your Accessibility Minute for this week! I’m Brian Norton with the INDATA Project at Easterseals Crossroads, in Indiana.