Hey there! Welcome to Accessibility Minute, your weekly look at Assistive Technology, those clever tools and devices designed to help people who have difficulties with vision, mobility, hearing or other special needs!
Have you ever been distracted while cooking on the stove? Did you know that 94% of house fires start as a result of an unattended stove? TochTech Technologies offers a smart solution to this: introducing Toch Smarturns Intelligent Stove Knobs!
The company developed Toch Smarturns to help make cooking safer. They are easy to install and operate: simply replace your current stove knobs with the Smarturns, mount the motion sensor, connect the hub, and voila – you now have a “smart stove”!
Features of the Toch Smarturns include:
- Easily transform your stove into a smart, safer stove
- “Superior designed” knobs fit most electrical and gas stoves
- 4-year battery life
- Mobile app available with features such as:
- Stove status
- Cooking activity status
- Local alerts and mobile phone notifications
- And so much more
- Please note you do NOT need to have internet or a smartphone to use the smart knobs
- If you have neither, the Hub will work as an automatic, local alarm, alerting the user when he or she is away from the stove for five minutes
Visit TochTech.com to learn more!
For more information, to read our blog, or to drop us a line, visit EasterSealsTech.com. That was your Accessibility Minute for this week! I’m Laura Medcalf with the INDATA Project at Easterseals Crossroads, in Indiana.