Hey there! Welcome to Accessibility Minute, your weekly look at Assistive Technology, those clever tools and devices designed to help people who have difficulties with vision, mobility, hearing or other special needs!
Noisy environments can be daunting for individuals with mild to moderate hearing loss. Introducing HeardThat app. According to its website, HeardThat is a “game-changing” hearing assistive app that is “revolutionizing the way we communicate in noisy situations.”
The HeardThat app helps users hear speech more clearly by turning their existing smartphone into a powerful hearing assistive device. Once it’s installed, simply connect your hearing device to your phone, start the app, and put the phone on the table with the top pointing toward the person you want to hear. It separates speech from the noise and delivers only the speech to your ears!
- A revolutionary app that “breaks down communication barriers of hearing loss and helps you get back in the conversation”
- The app is available on both iOS and Android devices
- For individuals with mild to moderate hearing loss
- Traditional methods try to define noise mathematically so it can be identified and reduced
- Machine learning listens to a lot of speech, a lot of noise, and a lot of speech in noise until it learns the difference
Visit heardthatapp.com to learn more!
For more information, to read our blog, or to drop us a line, visit EasterSealsTech.com. That was your Accessibility Minute for this week! I’m Tracy Castillo for the lovely Laura Medcalf with the INDATA Project at Easterseals Crossroads, in Indiana.