Hey there! Welcome to Accessibility Minute, your weekly look at Assistive Technology, those clever tools, and devices designed to help people who have difficulties with vision, mobility, hearing, or other special needs!
Are you looking to transform your existing deadbolt into a smart lock? Check out the all-new August Wi-Fi Smart Lock! With August’s new Wi-Fi Smart Lock, you’ll be able to control your door lock from the convenience of your smartphone and/or Apple Watch!
A unique feature about this lock is that it has built-in Wi-Fi, which means the lock requires no additional bridge to connect. The August Wi-Fi Smart Lock gives you full voice and remote access functionality “without the fuss.” Its intuitive design attaches right to the existing lock on the inside of your door – so you can continue using your existing keys.
Other features include:
- You can access your door with your original keys, the August Keypad (sold separately), and even your Apple Watch!
- Auto-Lock feature automatically secures your door after it closes or after a certain amount of time (up to 30 minutes)
- This feature helps give you peace-of-mind so you never have to worry if you locked the door or not
- Smart alerts will notify you whenever guests or loved ones enter or leave your home
- Installation takes less than 10 minutes
- And much, much more!
Visit August.com to learn more about their Wi-Fi Smart Lock!
For more information, to read our blog, or to drop us a line, visit EasterSealsTech.com. That was your Accessibility Minute for this week! I’m Laura Medcalf with the INDATA Project at Easterseals Crossroads, in Indiana.