Hey there! Welcome to Accessibility Minute, your weekly look at Assistive Technology, those clever tools and devices designed to help people who have difficulties with vision, mobility, hearing or other special needs!
Individuals with visual impairments may often need assistance finding specific items around their home or office. The PenFriend 3 Voice Labeling System is one potential solution. According to MaxiAids, the PenFriend 3 is a “best-selling, affordable audio labeler for users who are blind or visually impaired.”
The PenFriend 3 allows you to label anything and everything with discreet audio labels all in your own voice. This upgraded model of the PenFriend is slimmer compared to the original model.
Other features of the PenFriend 3 include:
- With this labeling system, you can:
- Label food/freezer items, film/music collections, household objects
- Organize letters and other paperwork
- Record shopping lists
- Leave audio messages
- Use it as a portable notetaker at the office or classroom
- Comes with 8 GB internal memory expandable to 16GB with SD card
- Up to 250 hours of recording
- Comes with:
- 127 colored labels
- 10 magnetic labels (ideal for use on tin cans)
- 1 key fob with 4 recording spots
- Neck lanyard
- 1 tactile audio instruction card
- 2 AAA batteries
- Use the backup features on your computer to save recordings using a USB cable (not included)
Visit MaxiAids.com to learn more!
For more information, to read our blog, or to drop us a line, visit EasterSealsTech.com. That was your Accessibility Minute for this week! I’m Laura Medcalf with the INDATA Project at Easterseals Crossroads, in Indiana.