Below you will find presentation materials for the 2023 Autism and Assistive Technology Conference:
Important Links and Information:
- Day 1 Survey – How did we do?
- Day 2 Survey – How did we do?
- Agenda (Day 1 and Day 2)
- CEU Quiz
- AAC CEU website
- INDATA Loan Library
Slides for Day 1:
- Welcome & INDATA Overview – Brian Norton – INDATA Director
- Autism Overview – Laura Hedrick – ESC Lead Clinical Psychologist
- Ableism toward Allyship– Jessica Minor with Accessibility
- Language Processing – Hayleigh Kanzler – Speech Language Pathologist
- Augmentative Alternative Communication – Wendy Strickland – Speech Language Pathologist
- Understanding Sensory Challenges – Karrie Veteto – ESC Autism Director
- Apps for Attention, Focus, Sensory, and Calming – Amy Fuchs – Program Manager at BridgingApps
Slides for Day 2:
- SmartLiving (Remote Supports) – Brian Hart – Outreach Director – LADD Inc. (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Applications of Social Robots – Dr. JamesDean Visley – Assistant OT Professor at Huntington University
- Panel Discussion – Parents and Providers (no slides)
- Grief and Loss – Emmaleigh Badeaux – Clinical Therapist
- Connecting to Resources – Karrie Veteto – ESC Autism Director | Brian Norton ESC Assistive Technology Director
The slides and archived video from this training will be posted to our training archive page in a few days.
If you are collecting CEUs please follow these steps:
- Print or download the CEU Quiz for the 2023 Alternative Augmentative Communication full day training. These quiz questions are needed for the online CEU registration.
- Go to the AAC Institute and fill out the attendance form and complete the online CEU quiz. Please use the email address you provided for event registration when applying for CEUs.
- If you have any questions, please contact Nikol Prieto.