At Easterseals Crossroads, we realize that assistive technology can fill needed gaps to achieve and maintain independence for people with disabilities in our community. We offer clinical services through our Assistive Technology Center so that people can more fully function at home, work, or school. Technology is often the answer when the question is how to achieve the greatest level of independence.
Our team works one-on-one with persons to determine appropriate technology to meet their needs at home, school, work, or community.
- Computer/Technology access evaluation and consultation
- Job site accommodation evaluation and consultation
- Educational assistive technology evaluation and consultation
- Ergonomic evaluation and consultation
- Training (in-person or online) in the use of assistive technologies
- 24-hour technical support
- Our mobile professionals provide services statewide and regionally.
- Referral to Evaluation: Once a referral form and funding have been secured, evaluations are typically performed within two weeks. We do, however, prioritize referrals based on the need with Job Accommodations taking the highest priority.
- Evaluation to Report: After an evaluation has been completed, the subsequent report – that contains a detailed list of our findings and equipment recommendations – is typically sent to the funding source within two weeks. Based upon the priority of the case given by the funding source the turn-around time may be reduced.
What to Consider When Choosing an Assistive Technology Provider
- Experience: We are the most experienced assistive technology program in Indiana. We have been providing assistive technology services since 1979 and our team has over 70 years of combined experience in the field.
- Qualified: The professional credentials among staff members include:
Staff members also teach assistive technology courses at several universities in Indiana and present at many local and national assistive technology conferences. We put emphasis on staying up to date with the newest innovations and trends in assistive technology by working directly with assistive technology manufacturers and participating in many local and national assistive technology conferences each year.
- Accredited: We were Indiana’s first CARF-accredited assistive technology program and maintain the highest level of accreditation to this day.
- Non-Profit: As a non-profit organization, the Assistive Technology team at Easterseals Crossroads is motivated by outcomes and takes pride in working with individuals to gain further independence and accomplish their goals.
- Comprehensive: Since our staff has specialized areas of expertise, we provide high quality services to individuals with all types of disabilities (ex. Blind, Low Vision, Deaf, Hard of Hearing, Intellectual, Physical and Developmental). We provide our expertise in the form of evaluation, installation, training and support for all major assistive technology hardware/software available today.
- Support: We offer the industry’s only toll-free 24-hour technical support line.
If you are entering the workforce, going to college or starting your own business, assistive technology evaluations and trainings may be the missing piece to your success. Let our highly skilled and trained team address your technology barriers and get you on the road to greater independence.
Meet two consumers who share their experience working with our team.
Make a Referral
Do you know someone who might benefit from an assistive technology evaluation, consultation, or training? If so, download our referral form here.
Once the referral is complete, email it to Josh Anderson, at (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax to 317-466-2000 – Attention: Megan Henderson.
If you have questions or would like to learn more about assistive technology services at Easterseals Crossroads, contact Josh Anderson, manager of Clinical Assistive Technology, at 888-466-1314 or email@example.com.