INDATA this, INDATA that. What exactly is INDATA anyway?
Let’s catch up a bit. INDATA stands for the Indiana Assistive Technology Act. Its goal is to spread the word about assistive technology and make it readily available for Indiana residents with disabilities. Here are the services we offer:
- Device Demonstration Set up an appointment to learn how to use assistive technology devices.
- Device Loan Borrow equipment for up to three months to help you decide if you could use it. Follow these easy steps to set up an account and browse the various devices available for loan.
- Training Quarterly assistive technology trainings and annual assistive technology conference held at the convention center in Indianapolis.
- Equipment Reutilization Donate old equipment including wheelchairs, walkers, canes, crutches and other mobility related devices to Easter Seals Crossroads as it prepares for an upcoming equipment exchange program.
- Reutilized Computer Program We repair and refresh donated computers and give them to people with disabilities that have no means to purchase one on their own.
- AT Hour This one-hour presentation informs your group about the assistive technology programs and services provided by the INDATAProject and includes an exciting “show and tell” of various assistive technology equipment.
- Information and Referral Questions about assistive technology? You can call our Information & Referral/Funding Specialist to learn more about available services and funding options.