WHAT: When Actions Speak Louder Than Words Workshop
WHEN: Thursday, October 14th
WHERE: Indiana Institute on Disability and Community, Bloomington IN
The Institute’s Indiana Resource Center for Autism in collaboration with the Early Childhood Center, will host a one-day workshop focusing on building understanding of how different behaviors are communicative on Thursday, October 14, 2010 at the Indiana Institute.
Participants will be able to:
· Explain how behavior and communication are linked;
· Identify potential messages of behavior;
· Recognize how the “big picture” can assist in deciphering behavior
· Recognize potential hidden issues that impact behaviors;
· Describe disability issues that affect behavior and communication; and
· Plan positive behavior approaches to support children’s behavior.
Those who are early education providers, preschool and day care providers, early elementary teachers (special and general education), parents, SLPs, OTs, PTs, and developmental therapists should plan to attend.
Registration fee is $90.00 per person. Certificates of Attendance will be provided at no charge. CEUs (general education) will be available on-site for a fee of $15.00 per person. Visit the Indiana Resource Center for Autism’s website to download a registration form.
Contact the Indiana Governor’s Council for Consumer Investment funding at (317) 232-7770. For family members of individuals birth through age 5, funding is available through the Indiana Institute’s Family Involvement Fund. For information, call Cathy Beard at 1-800-825-4733 or e-mail email@example.com.