WHAT: Impact on Access – Individuals with Cochlear Implants in Educational and Employment Settings
WHEN: Tuesday, September 14 from 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. (EST). To access when webinar is live, visit this website.
Participants will gain information on usage, statistics, benefits, variables, fiscal/legal responsibilities and accommodations provided at the secondary/postsecondary level and in the world of work.
Moderated by Dr. Terrell Clark, Director of Deaf and Hard of Hearing Program at the Boston Children’s Hospital
- Dr. Catherine Clark, Cochlear Implant Coordinator/Audiologist, National Institute for the Deaf
- Eileen Peterson, Audiologist, Maine Educational Center for Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- John Macko, Director, Center on Employment, National Technical Institute for the Deaf
- Dr. Mark Campbell, Audiologist, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary
- Heidi Forest, State Coordinator for the Deaf, CT Vocational Rehabilitation
- Erica Israel, Student, Rochester Institute of Technology
This event is sponsored by a collaborative greement between PEPNet-Northeast, which aims to advance educational and work opportunities for individuals who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing and TACE-New England (Region I) which provides technical assistance and continuing education services to state vocational rehabilitation agencies and their partners. For more information, visit www.pepnet.org. For questions about the webinar, contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Sign language interpreters and captioning (English) will be provided.