WHAT: Charting Your Course, 17th Annual Transition Fair – Sponsored by Transition Partners of Northeast Indiana
WHEN: Monday, October 4 from 4:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
WHERE: IPFW Walb Memorial Union
Who should attend:
- Students transitioning out of high school
- Parents/Guardians of a child with a disability
- Professionals working in the field of disabilities
- Advocates including teachers and case managers
The transition fair will include, but is not limited to representatives from:
- The INDATA Project – assistive technology resources
- Area providers of residential, employment and community services
- Educators from area school corporations and colleges
- Social Security representatives
- IN*SOURCE (Indiana’s Parent Training and Information Center)
- League for the Blind and Disabled, Inc.
- Vocational Rehabilitation Services Staff
- CitiLink (bus transportation)
- Indiana Protection and Advocacy Services
- Benefits Information Panel Discussion (5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.) on Social Security, Vocational Rehabilitation, and how working impacts your benefits
- Higher Education Panel Discussion (6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.) on differences between high school and college for the student with a disability
For more information, contact Randy Wolf, Chairperson Transition Partners of Northeast Indiana at (260) 478-7617 x.19.