The Adult Day Services at Easter Seals Crossroads in Indiana is offering a transition skills program for adults with autism or developmental disabilities.
Individuals who will benefit from Transitional Skills programming should meet the following criteria:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not be a “flight” risk
- Must not demonstrate behaviors that put self or others at risk of injury
- Must not demonstrate intentional or continuous disruptive behaviors that interrupt the program services for others
- Must have an attention span of greater than 10-15 minutes per activity
- Must be able to complete 1-2 step directions
- Must be able to communicate needs
- Must be able to have needs met by the resources of the center
- Must have a desire to increase independent living skills
The Transitional Skills Curriculum is designed to promote life skills for adults with goals of independent or semi-independent living and/or employment. Skills such as cleaning, laundry, cooking, budgets and money handling, relationship skills, personal safety, basic employment skills, and community skills will just be some of the skills covered for adults enrolled in the program. Activities will take place in a home-like environment and in the community. Adults will be supervised by trained staff and with a low adult to staff ratio.
Contact Tracy Wright at 317.466.2008 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Limited scholarships are available.