Searching for an Android app to benefit your early learner with autism? Look no further! Camp Discovery was developed by the Center for Autism and Related Disorders (CARD), “one of the world’s largest organizations using applied behavior analysis (ABA) in the treatment of autism spectrum disorder.” Although Camp Discovery is designed for children with autism, all children can benefit from using the app.
Camp Discovery is an app consisting of several educational games and a number of features not found in other apps.
Features of Camp Discovery:
- Errorless learning
- Camp Discovery introduces new targets with prompts and fades them out as the child answers correctly.
- Error correction
- If a child chooses the incorrect answer, the app prompts him or her on the next trial to help get them back on track.
- Personalized for each child
- In the app, each child picks what animations they’d like to be rewarded with for each correct answer. They also get to choose a fun mini-game to play after answering correctly.
- Personalized for the parent
- Parents can view each child’s progress based on lesson and game type.
- Great options
- Parents and teachers can control every aspect of each child’s experience. They can choose what targets their child learns and how often they can play a mini-game.
- Over 25 lessons to choose from:
- Counting and quantities
- Sight words
- Sound discrimination and much more!