I am often writing about different accessible and ergonomic computer mice for individuals of all abilities. However, I’ve yet to write about one you can operate using your feet–introducing Boomer: The Foot Mouse!
The foot device was invented by Becky Logue, a former dental hygienist. She invented her first model back in 2006 (called “the Dental R.A.T.“) so dental hygienists could enter data into a computer completely hands-free. The device eventually evolved into the Boomer and is used when one cannot use their hands to access their computer.
Boomer Foot Mouse Overview:
- “Ridiculously easy to use”
- Left/Right Click
- Commonly used by doctors, surgeons and dentists to remain sterile.
- Also used for computer gaming and computer programming
- Also beneficial for individuals who have limited to no movement in their arms and hands, but can use their feet. For example, those with:
- Carpal Tunnel
- Missing limbs
- Compatible with PC and Mac
- Elastomer Rubber top input discs for ease of cleaning
- Rechargeable battery
- Wireless Bluetooth
- Rubber anti-skid pads on the bottom
- Raised tabs on mouse disc for tactile feedback
- 18 degree angle oriented to the user
To purchase or to learn more about Boomer the Foot Mouse, click here.