Have you ever been told (or told your child) to stop fidgeting or wiggling in a chair and sit still? With the Vidget System, children don’t have to! As I’ve stated in posts before, “Being able to fidget in a classroom improves focus, inspires creativity, and promotes calmness.” The Vidget further inspires children to move naturally and celebrates imaginative play while learning.
The Vidget is a chair designed to let children quietly squirm while sitting. While sitting in it, they can rock side-to-side or front-to-back to calm down and focus. Each Vidget is a 3-in-1 and can be flipped over and transformed into a desk, stool, or play surface! “The modular and versatile design of the patented pending Vidget System provides many opportunities for teachers and parents to work together with children to build their own environments based on individual and group needs.” The Vidgets are easy to move and stackable making them an ideal seating solution!
According to the website, there are many occupational and physical therapy benefits:
- Facilitates core muscle development
- Inspires physical movement of body
- Reduces tension and frustration
- Reduces stigmatizing, all children can benefit
- Improved focus and attention
Features of the Vidget System:
- Celebrates fidgeting
- Encourages imaginative play
- Modular and versatile
- Chair, desk, stool, play space all-in-one!
- Easy to move, stackable
- Provides sensory input
- Available in an assortment of bright, playful colors:
- Bubbly Blue
- Lively Lime
- Playful Purple
- Optimistic Orange
- Basic Black
- Granite Gray
- Rugged Royal
- Natural Navy
- Available in several different sizes, suitable for individuals 18 months and older! Check out the following chart from the Vidget website to find the one perfect for you or your child!
To learn more about the Vidget System, click here!