There are so many hearing aids available for individuals with hearing impairments. If you or a loved one are in the market for a new one, check out Oticon Opn. Oticon Opn offers a new kind of hearing aid that does a lot more than help individuals hear. One of its biggest features is that it connects to the internet through IFTTT (If This Then That), which opens up a whole new world of possibilities. According to the developer’s website, the Oticon Opn is “for everyone who wants the best for their hearing.”
To begin, the Oticon Opn is noted as a new kind of hearing instrument. “Traditional hearing aids isolate one speaker and suppress all others. Oticon Opn is so fast it can give you access to multiple speakers around you that you want to listen to and reduce noise at the same time.” The device scans your environment more than 100 times per second so it’s able to distinguish speech from noise.
Oticon Opn is made for the iPhone and allows users to connect to their world. It allows you to use your hearing aids like stereo headphones to talk on the phone, stream music, and more–directly to your ears!
- TV and Music:
- You can turn your hearing aids into wireless headphones so you can enjoy your favorite TV shows and movies at the volume you choose.
- The TV Adapter connects to almost any audio device using the cables provided.
- Stereo sound from the TV streams directly to your hearing aids (ranging from up to 45 feet!)
- Remote Control:
- The small remote control included with the Oticon Opn is roughly the size of a standard key fob.
- It allows you to discreetly control your hearing aids.
- It also allows you to adjust the volume and switch between programs.
- Oticon ON App:
- The app (available now in the App Store) allows you to control your hearing aid and more on your iPhone.
- While using the app, you can adjust volume, switch programs, and check the battery level.
- It also offers a convenient “find my hearing aid” search feature, counseling advice, and links to user instructions.
- The ON app is also how you’ll customize your connection to the IFTTT service (more info below).
- The app is also compatible with the Apple Watch.
As previously stated, Oticon Opn is the world’s first hearing aid that connects to the internet via the If This Then That network. You can choose how you’d like your hearing aid and IFTTT to work together.
A few examples of IFTTT and Oticon Opn:
- You can get a notification in your hearing aids when the doorbell rings.
- You can receive a notification directly to your hearing aids when your alarm system goes off.
- Have your hearing aids switch to a preferred listening program based on your GPS location.
- Send a text message or email to a caregiver when the Oticon battery is low.
If you are interested in finding a hearing aid and support that work best for you, contact HEAR Indiana.
For more information on the Oticon Opn, click here.