Early learners, especially those with special needs, may seldom sit and listen to a story nowadays. Their young minds yearn to learn and interact with their surroundings. Storybook apps have taken storytelling to a whole new level with colorful graphics and fun interactive activities. “A Parcel of Courage” is one such app that tells a heartwarming story while engaging readers with fun activities.
“A Parcel of Courage” tells the true story of how a family of three brothers came together to help their grandmother overcome her fear of flying so she could visit them. Children will have fun reading the heartwarming story, while playing along with the different activities. The interactive tasks within the storybook help them better comprehend the content. They also encourage and teach:
- Spatial awareness
- Eye-hand coordination
- Working memory
- Problem-solving skills
- Listening skills
- and more!
In addition to the interactive storybook, the app also includes a Play Mode with 4 unique educational games that let children:
- Learn numbers and addition within 10
- Become familiar with patterns and sequences
- Recognize 25 new colors
- Understand 2 or more objects in relation to each other and more
Features of A Parcel of Courage:
- 15 beautifully illustrated interactive pages in the “I Listen” or “I Read” modes.
- 7 activities available within the story to unlock something that will “help you make your wishes come true!”
- Examples of challenges children will face within the story include:
- Explore maps and beginning spatial orientation skills
- Sequence baking courage chocolate cookies
- Constructing a marble run using working memory of a briefly presented model
- Learning how to address and send a postcard to grandma
- Visually scan to help grandpa clean up the backyard
- Spatially orient items to pack a suitcase
- Use listening skills to help the postman
- “Beautifully rendered graphics and original soundtrack.”
- Personalization and options for saving the game results for all family members
- No banners, advertisements, or in-app purchases (once you buy full version)
To read the review by TouchAutism, click here!