Learning Resources offers a variety of hands-on educational toys for children of all ages. One of their best-selling products is their Helping Hands Fine Motor Tool Set. The set features four different tools and four different ways to develop “small hand muscles for writing and daily living.”
Children will have loads of fun playing, picking up objects, sifting and squirting water with the several tools available in the Tool Set.
The Helping Hands Fine Motor Tool Set Overview:
The Helping Hands Fine Motor Tool Set includes four tools:
- Gator Grabber Tweezers:
- Small tweezers fit a child’s hand comfortably.
- Contoured design prompts children to use a tripod grasp, similar to how they’ll hold a pencil.
- Handy Scoopers:
- Unique tool and handy way to build the muscles needed for cutting with scissors.
- The Handy Scoopers feature easy-grip handles with a double hole for fingers and a single hole for the thumb.
- Designed to help children master holding, opening, and closing the tool.
- They also feature translucent scoops with holes to allow for catch-and-release fun during water play!
- Twisty Droppers:
- The Twisty Droppers put a fun twist on water play and strengthen whole hand grasp with a squeeze bulb to pick up and release water through the twisty tube.
- Squeezy Tweezers:
- The Squeezy Tweezers open and close by squeezing the middle of the tool.
- This strengthens small muscles in the fingers and hands while developing more refined finger grasp to assist with writing, buttoning a shirt, picking up small objects, etc.
- Fine motor skills
- Hand-eye coordination
- Motor planning
- Muscle strength
- Hand grasp
- Pincer grasp
- Sensory integration
- Cause and effect learning