I wanted to add another product for practicing math after writing about the Hundred Activity Mat on Tuesday. The Math Mat Challenge Game is a fun, interactive floormat that challenges students to “listen to the equation, do the math, then step on the correct answer.”
Math can be a challenging subject for many students. Additionally, the way one student learns (e.g. visual) may be different from the next (auditory). The Math Mat Challenge Game offers a fun, highly interactive way to practice math for kinesthetic, auditory, and visual learners!
The Math Mat Challenge Game teaches the following up to the number 20:
Features of Math Mat Challenge Game:
- 3 games with 2 skill levels each
- Measures 32″ D
- Requires 3 AA batteries (not included)
- Grades PreK+
- Use the Game as a warm-up to math class or math homework. Using students’ whole body helps them think, learn, and remember better.
- Gross motor:
- Listen to the question from the mat, process, and respond by tapping toes on the correct answer.
- As students respond, they learn how to shift their weight, balance, and coordinate their movements to tap on the desired answer. Learning math is easier if the whole body is involved.
- Basic concepts:
- As students play together, they practice following instructions, taking turns, and patience. These basic social skills are imperative in everyday life!
Click here to learn more about the Math Challenge Game!