Wouldn’t it be awesome to transform your wheelchair’s joystick into a mouse? By installing the BJOY Ring you can! The BJOY Ring Kit connects directly to your joystick so you can operate your cursor-controlled computer, tablet, or smartphone.
According to EnableMart, “The wireless ring is connected to a transmitter paired to the receiver, which is plugged into the device you’d like to control.” The transmitter is able to pair with up to 4 receivers.
The kit includes free downloadable software to customize and set key functions. The software allows users to:
- Adjust the speed, sensitivity, acceleration, and audio feedback of the joystick to user’s needs
- Orientate the device easily so it can adjust to the user’s position
- Works with up to 45º inclination
- Change the function assigned to each button:
- Left click, right click, drag & drop, double click, or nothing
- Activate the dwell click function for the left click (AutoClick)
- And more!
Features of BJOY Ring Kit:
- Easy to install:
- Take the tip off of the wheelchair joystick
- Slide the Ring onto the joystick post
- Turn the screw on the BJOY Ring and affix it to the post
- Place protection cap on ring
- Replace wheelchair joystick tip
- Install the BJOY software on Windows PC to calibrate the device
- Does not interfere with wheelchair’s electronics
- Can be configured on startup and all parameters are saved to device
- Ring adjusts to the user’s position and movements
- Clicking can be done with external switches or dwell click (requires software)
- Available either wireless or wired