Looking for a product to help you relax this winter? Check out the Buddha Board. The Buddha Board provides a Zen-like painting experience for individuals with anxiety, depression, autism, or anyone who simply wants to relax.
It was inspired by the Zen idea of living in the moment. You simply paint on the surface with water and a bamboo brush and watch your creation come to life. As the water slowly evaporates, the art magically disappears “leaving you with a clean slate and a clear mind, ready to create a whole new masterpiece.” (The Board is essentially an Etch-a-Sketch, but with water and a paintbrush.)
The purpose of the Buddha Board is to not only live in the moment but to also master the art of letting go. According to their website, “Impermanence and non-attachment is a staple of Buddhist thinking and that’s where we got our name. It’s important to just be in the moment and to enjoy the process.”
Features of Buddha Board:
- Everything that you need to use the Board comes in the set (except water).
- For individuals ages 5 and older, but children under 10 should be aware of how to care for the board:
- Clean, room temperature water should be changed for each use
- Do NOT finger paint using water as you could permanently transfer oils or other substances to the surface (thus ruining it)
- Handle board by the edges only; it’s best to avoid touching the surface as much as possible
- Tray should never be filled with more than 1 inch of water
- Anything that isn’t water can permanently damage the Buddha Board!
- Environmentally-friendly: while there are some plastic components (tray and synthetic brush hairs), they are created from recycled materials
- All other components are made from natural materials and there is no ink, no paint, and no chemicals
- It’s a reusable artboard so you can use it again and again without wasting paper!
Click here to learn more!