There is a variety of speech assistance products available to help those with weak speech and/or those who work in noisy environments be heard properly. One area of these products is speech amplifiers.
In general, voice amplifiers are compact, personal amplification systems that provide voice boosts for different speech impairments. Some are designed for outdoor/noisy environments, while some are more ideal for simple conversation. Keep on reading to learn more!
5 Speech Amplifiers:
The Chattervox 100 is a compact personal amplification system worn on the waist that provides up to 15dB of a voice boost for mild to moderate speech impairments.
- Simple to operate with only one user control: the combined volume control/power switch.
- Entire system is rechargeable overnight
- Size 8″W x 2.9″H x 2.1″D
- Weight 355 grams
- Max power output 5W Min (at 4 ohms speaker load)
- Headset microphone
- Six AA NIMH rechargeable batteries
- Plug-in charger for up to 14 hours of continuous talk time
- Storage case
- Belt extender
The ChatterVOX Amplio Voice Amplifier is the “smallest, most discreet model” Harris Communications offers. It is ideal for individuals with weak speech, allowing them to enjoy conversations. This lightweight speaker is designed primarily to be worn around the neck, though it can be clipped on a belt or placed on a table.
- Durable headset mic with high performance windscreen
- 12 hours of use with rechargeable battery
- 6-8 hours of recharge time
- 3.5mm mic jack (stereo or mono)
- Dimensions: 3″ x 3″ x 1.378″
- Weight: 6 oz
- HM200 headset microphone
- Li-ion rechargeable battery
- AC adapter
- Carry case and belt clip
The ChatterVOX 6 Speech Amplifier is ideal for anyone who needs to improve their vocal presence in an outdoor or noisy environment. The unique egg-shaped design doesn’t restrict movement and the speaker conserves your voice while boosting your vocal impact.
- 22 dB gain at 3.28 ft
- Adjustable waist/shoulder belt
- Neoprene amplifier cover
- 6-8 hour charging time with 8-10 hour operating time
- Uses 4 rechargeable NiMH batteries
- Includes noise-cancelling microphone and tote
The ADDvox7 is a portable voice amplification system that amplifies a user’s voice up to 15 dB without any feedback. It is ideal for “assisting individuals with voice impairments and can also be used by tour guides, tradeshow demonstrators, coaches, and more.”
- Increases a user’s vocal volume up to 15 dB without any feedback
- 7 watt ADDvox7 is ideal for assisting communication in noisy environments
- Lightweight headset microphone picks up even the slightest whisper and can be comfortably worn for extended periods
- 7 watt amplifier has a built-in high-capacity NiMH rechargeable battery power system for up to 14 hours of continuous use
- Lapel and headset microphones
- Travel/storage case
- 8 NiMH batteries with charger
The SoniVox Plus Speech Amplifier is the “perfect solution for those with quiet voices, or for assisting teachers, coaches, auctioneers, and tour group leaders.” It is a portable hand-held speech amplifier that filters out noise while improving voice quality, ensuring everyone around you hears you.
- Small and lightweight so you can wear it on a lanyard all day
- AUX input allows you to amplify music or TV
- Dimensions: 3.5″W x 5.25″H x 1.5″D
- Weight: 8oz
- Built-in rechargeable battery
- Micro USB charging cable
- Headset microphone
- Lapel/handheld microphone
- Heavy-duty carrying case
- Camera-style neck strap
Visit Harris Communications to learn about other speech amplifying devices!