BreatheWell Wear is an app for Android Wear smartwatches. It is designed to “help individuals with mild traumatic brain injury (mTBI) and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) in managing stress through diaphragmatic breathing.”
The BreatheWell Wear app assists users in performing slow, deep, diaphragmatic breathing by providing auditory and visual guidance to pace breathing. It also includes a display of the user’s heart rate in real-time.
Here’s more about how the app works:
“Developed for Android Wear smartwatches, BreatheWell Wear guides breathing through use of a graphical pacing bar that runs along the perimeter of the watch. Vibration at the end of each inhalation and exhalation provides a tactile cue to the user. The app offers the ability to program reminders to practice deep breathing at user-specified intervals, customize sound options with a user’s own music, and the ability to view the user’s heart rate in real time.”
Overview of the BreatheWell Wear App:
- App designed to assist users with mBTI, PTSD, and more – with breathing exercises during stressful times
- It has been supported by the Rehabilitation Engineering Research Center for Community Living, Health, and Function (LiveWell RERC)
- The app provides visual and auditory guidance to help pace one’s breathing, including a real-time display of the user’s current heart rate
- Users also have the option to listen to calming sounds and music or select a song from their music library
- BreatheWell Wear allows users to program reminders to practice during periods of low stress to “help them perform the breathing technique effectively during periods of high stress”
Click here to learn more!