Timeless, low-tech examples of assistive technology include fidgets. Fidgets such as the Fidget Cube are beneficial for individuals with or without special needs. We’ve written about multiple fidgets over the years, but have yet to write about the Random Color Flying Disc Fidget!
If you’re unfamiliar with the world of fidgets, in sum they are a self-regulation tool ideal for individuals who have a hard time sitting still or focusing. The Random Color Flying Disc fidget is a lightweight flying disc that features double-sided sequin scales. You can fling the disc outside or just use it as a lap pad fidget. The scales are called mermaid because the “front surface is made up of small, scale-like sequins with a different color front and back.”
“The disc makes a great discrete fidget. It’s fun to use as a fun and soothing therapy or classroom fidget because you can flip them back and forth and create simple images, letters, and patterns.”
Overview of the Random Color Disc Fidget:
- Lightweight flying disc/saucer that features double-sided sequin scales
- You can use it as a traditional flying disc or as a lap pad fidget in therapy, classroom settings, and more!
- It’s a discrete classroom fidget because you can flip them back and for creating simple images, letters, or patterns
- Fidgets help promote concentration and focus and keep the body (fingers) busy so they can sit still
- Fidget toys are also great for strengthening hand muscles and building fine motor skills and finger dexterity
Check it out on Amazon to learn more!