COVID-19 has negatively affected millions of individuals’ physical health as well as their mental health. The social isolation from the pandemic has caused millions of individuals to feel incredibly lonely. If you are looking for a way to connect with family and friends, check out Facebook Portal.
Facebook Portal is a device that lets you “feel like you’re in the same room with friends and family, even when you’re far apart.” In sum, it is a smart video calling with Alexa built-in. Since Alexa is built into the device, users can listen to music, check the front door, display favorite photos, and more — completely hands-free.
One neat feature about the Portal is its Smart Camera. The Smart Camera feature pans and zooms to keep up with the action, and automatically adjusts to keep everyone in view. It also features Smart Sound, which will enhance your voice while minimizing background noise.
Overview of Facebook Portal
- Video chat with friends and family in more “meaningful ways” with Smart Camera and other helpful built-in tools
- Video call friends on their Portal devices, smartphones, or tablets
- Easily disable the camera and microphone or block the camera lens with a single switch
- All Portal video calls are encrypted
- Start or join Messenger Rooms with up to 50 people
- No matter your favorite video conferencing app, Portal has you covered—from Zoom to Webex, GoToMeeting, BlueJeans, Workplace
- Start a hands-free video call, turn up the volume or screen brightness, use camera effects, and more by saying “Hey Portal”
- Quickly share photos from your phone using the Portal mobile app with friends and family while on a Messenger call
- Portal, Portal Mini and Portal+ models have front porting stereo speakers and a rear woofer for rich hi-fi sound
Click here to learn more!